Table of Contents
The Learning Resources Center (LRC) at the department library of the University Medical School is a location equipped with PC working station and additional technology for researching, editing and printing media and documents. For these purposes, the following features are available:
- modern Windows work stations
- high speed internet access
- access to Göttingen's university online catalogue (GUK) as well as the data bases of the Göttingen State and University Library (SUB)
- extensive software packages (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS etc.)
- studIT helpdesk with six consulting hours every day
- one A4 flat bed scanner
- multifunctional printers/copying machines
- notebook work stations with Wi-Fi access
- single-person study cabins
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Who can use the LRC Med?
All students of Göttingen University and owners of a GWDG account may use the computer based work stations. As a matter of course, using the computers at the LRC (except for printing) is free.
How can I log in to the computers?
For logging in to the computers you need an account. Students at Göttingen University receive both their account and student ID at the beginning of their studies. Owners of a GWDG account are also able to log in to the computers. Private SUB users may log in with their copy and print account (Domain UG-Student). With all of these accounts it also is possible to use the Wi-Fi (eduroam) at the University Medical School.
Where can I get help/ advice?
studIT is the IT service provider for students at Göttingen University. You can find StudIT advisors at the help desk.
How can I print?
All printers available at the LRC are connected automatically to the computers. You only have to choose the right printing queue (e.g. A4 b&w or colour). After logging in to the computer you can see your current print contingent on the screen.
You can top up your print contingent at the chip card issue point in the main lecture hall building by paying with your student ID. Print contingent of the GWDG accounts will be balanced by the respective institute.
All computers at the LRC Med are Windows computers. On all PCs Microsoft Office is installed by default.
Further programmes (not on all computers available):
- Adobe Creative Suite, contains Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Scan Software (Optibook)
lrc med university medical school department library