For us studIT support means to advise students and all other users on our services.
What is studIT?
In 1996 studIT was founded by highly motivated students. Their goal was to enable all students to access the Internet at any time. The Internet Hotline by students for students was founded in 1998. Since April 2008 the Internet Hotline has been financed by tuition fees. At the same time the service features were extended, therefore it was time for a new name which displayed the bond with the students. That is why the Internet Hotline was renamed to studIT in October 2008. studIT provides services for students aiming to facilitate their everyday life at Göttingen university.
- provision of Linux and Windows based computers (client-based)
- administration of student accounts
- provision of a personal home directory with 4GB storage space
- help desks at the following locations: chip card issue point, LRC SUB, LRC KWZ, LRC Med, studIT office in the cafeteria of the northern part of university
- provision of a central printing solution
- support at LRC SUB, LRC KWZ and LRC Med
- IT support
en/support/studit_support/start.txt · Last modified: 18.01.2023 11:45 by 127.0.0.1