Table of Contents
Citavi - literature administration
Citavi is a literature administration software for Windows developed by the company Swiss Academic Software (Zurich). Citavi Free is free of charge to all users, but restricted to projects with up to 100 titles. Citavi Team is free of charge for all enrolled students and all full-time employees within the limits of the campus license agreement.
The following features are integrated:
- research in more than 4000 data bases and library catalogues
- automatic acquisition of books via ISSN
- automatic acquisition of technical articles via DOI
- automatic generation of bibliographies basing on about 800 styles of quotation
- preview for PDFs, images, texts and multimedia files
- set out comments, quotations and notes and organise knowledge
By following the steps below you can activate the version Citavi Team to manage more than 100 documents per project.
1) Request license data via university e-mail address (duration about 15 minutes)
- order form for scientists and other employees (Link)
- order form for students (Link)
2) Install Citavi Free (Link)
3) Insert the license data into the start window
4) Have fun with using Citavi!
On the Citavi Website you can find a short instruction about the main features of Citavi: (Link).
More detailed information can be taken from the manual (Link).
Training offer (in German) of Göttingen State and University Library - Introduction to the literature administration programme Citavi: (Link)
Exchange of references between Citavi and Stud.IP: (Link)
citavi literature administration software database campus license