VPN with iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Since iOS 12, the built-in Cisco Legacy AnyConnect client no longer works. Please download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the Apple App Store.
- Install the app Cisco AnyConnect Client and start it.
- Click on Connections to add a new VPN connection.
- Tap on Add VPN connection
- Enter any description (e.g. “Uni-VPN”) in the connection editor and enter vpn.gwdg.de as server address. Confirm and close with tap on Save.
Due to the current situation, the GWDG has massively increased the number of VPN accesses to the campus and now offers a total of three VPN gateways. Please use preferably vpn-b.gwdg.de and vpn-c.gwdg.de instead of the standard access via vpn.gwdg.de.
- Then activate the connection via the button and enter the Uni-Login data in the following popup. Your own e-mail address is required here as your user name, in the form email@example.com for students. The password is the password of your student account.
- Once the app is installed and configured, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password when you start the app or tap on the connection name. It is not possible to save the password.